Powerlessness is not a weakness, it's the wound the sets the journey into motion. There is a power that is benevolent and on your side. God longs to nurture you. Get ready to come to the end of your own resources. God is not holding your over a fire like a spider. God is your Father watching and waiting for the first sign of your return...Waiting with a ring, robe...and a party.
Questions For Reflection
- Can you think of a time when you felt utterly powerless? Describe your experience.
- What gifts have you experienced as a result of acknowledging your powerlessness?
- What barriers keep us from admitting our powerlessness?
- In your experience with the scriptures, have you found anything within the text that relates to your personal experience with powerlessness? How did reading that passage affect you?
- What experiences have you had of God’s power being a power that restores, a power that heals--the power of love and grace?
- Where are you currently with your powerlessness?