Theologian, professor and author Stanley Hauerwas talks about receiving love and loving God.
Questions For Reflection
- According to Hauerwas, Christians need to learn to “be loved.” What makes learning to be loved sometimes difficult? Why might this be the first step toward being a Christian?
- How do we sometimes confuse love and power?
- What might be the difference between “believing” that God is and loving who God is?
- Why might being a Christian not be a “natural thing”?
- Often the word, love, has become a “superficial” and “sentimental” talk about God. How can Christians learn to live out love rather than talk about love in these superficial ways?